Beiträge von Sven2911

Also ich habs getan… habe lange gehadert. Warum und wieso steht unten in English. Hoffe das ist ok. Für alle die es kurz und knackig wollen:

Der Austausch der Federn ist wirklich eine Steigerung und ein Komfortgewinn. Kann es jedem nur empfehlen…

TLDR: Get new springs! If you like to read, enjoy my journey below.

Optimizing our beloved AT is something all of us do and really enjoy. Adding a bunker, rack for luggage, better pegs, probably sturdier handgurads and of course the shiny light pods. And suddenly the bike is even heavier than before. And before, some of us have already experienced that the oem suspension, especially the springs, are slightly limited. Resulting in a suspension setup that is maxed out and doesn’t leave any reserve.

OEM suspension is designed for a standard rider. Who of you guys is really like the definition of a standard rider? The average rider mass is mostly defined with a body mass of 75kg (165lbs) and a height of 1.75m (5.7feet). Myself, going for 1.94m (6.4feet) and 95kg (209lbs), can’t really relate to this.

I have been dealing with this limitation over the last years. Accepting the heavy diving, indecent feedback and even bottoming out when loaded and going off-road. But now, it was time to change this. After long research, reading through forums, groups on facebook and conversations with other riders, I came to the conclusion: Let’s go for a new set of springs. And I decided to go for the Touratech Progressive fork springs +20mm / Offroad Travel - living close to Touratech Swiss, I went there, talked with them about my issues, answered their questions and they confirmed my conclusion. Two days later I had an appointment with them to exchange the springs.

Aftermarket springs  are a great investment for us who want to improve their bike's performance without emptying our pockets for a complete new suspension, including dampener and springs. These springs address many common issues experienced by owners, such as deep diving forks, indifferent feedback, and limited reserve compared to the OEM springs.

The Touratech springs offer a significant improvement in the suspension, resulting in a more comfortable and controlled ride. They provide a firmer feel and are more responsive, which translates to better handling and improved stability on rough terrain. Additionally, the springs allow for increased adjustability, allowing riders to fine-tune their suspension to their specific needs.

One of the most significant benefits of these springs is their ability to eliminate the deep diving fork issue. The OEM springs often cause the fork to dive excessively under hard braking, leading to a harsh ride and reduced control. The Touratech springs, on the other hand, provide better support, preventing the fork from diving too much, and resulting in a smoother ride.

Moreover, the indifferent feedback issue is also solved with the springs. Riders often complain about a lack of feel when riding, making it difficult to gauge the terrain. The Touratech springs provide better feedback, allowing riders to feel the road and react accordingly.

Lastly, the springs offer much more reserve than the OEM springs. This means that the suspension can handle larger impacts without bottoming out, giving riders more confidence when riding off-road.

Overall, the Touratech springs for the Honda CRF 1000 Adventure Sports are an excellent investment for riders who want to improve their bike's performance. They address many common issues and provide a smoother, more comfortable ride with increased adjustability.

It's worth noting that these springs are specifically designed for heavy load, adventure riding, or two-up riding situations. The +20mm can be a hassle if you are not the talles guy, but they are engineered to handle the extra weight and demands placed on the suspension system during these types of riding scenarios, which the OEM springs may not be able to handle as well.

Whether you're planning on going on an extended adventure tour or simply want to ride with a passenger, these springs will help ensure that your suspension system can handle the added weight and provide a more comfortable and stable ride. With these springs installed, you'll be able to take on more challenging terrain with confidence and enjoy a smoother, more enjoyable ride, even when carrying a heavy load or riding with a passenger.

And if you live in Switzerland…. Make sure to visit Touratech Swiss, they are really helpful and know what they are talking about. And as an extra: They always have a coffee for you.